Thursday, September 22, 2011

SNACK-o-holic

Hey there! Chelle here... again!
I hope some of ya'll tried the workout yesterday. I heard through the grapevine (aka YELLE...the only person I talk to) that a couple of you did and I'm totally stoked about it! I hope you sweat your little cave butts off! I wanted to take the opportunity today to give you a couple of tips in order to keep you on track; whatever your goal may be. Just because I'm writing this blog doesn't mean that I've eaten this way forever or that the transition I made was super easy but, I have made it successfully and I can help you do the same.

Rule #1 EAT- don't deprive yourself. If you're hungry, eat something. Just make a healthy choice!
Rule #2 RELAX- cut yourself some slack. Try to make a conscious effort to make healthy choices but, if you slip up, brush it off and keep going.
Rule #3 REMEMBER- You are in control. You are beautiful. YOU can do whatever you want.

On the subject of EATING. This is usually where I see people struggle the most. They are hungry and have a hard time finding something that's healthy OR they think that starving themselves will help them lose weight (WRONG). I struggled with this in the beginning but it's all about finding out what works for you, your body and your schedule. If you can get by with 3 substantial meals a day than that's all you need. But, if you're anything like me, you're hungry every hour on the hour ALL FREAKIN DAY LONG. So, I made myself a schedule so I'm always :)

It looks like this:

8:00- breakfast
10:00- snack
12:00- snack
2:00- lunch
5:00- snack
7:00 dinner

I'm also extremely active so there is a good chance you won't need THIS much food. But I did find it quite helpful to eat a balanced snack (one protein, one carb, one fat... by carb i mean fruit or veggie and by fat i mean good fat). This kept me the most satisfied.

Examples of meals/snack
Breakfast- 3 eggs (protein) with salsa (carbs) cooked in coconut oil (fat) and probably some fruit and bacon because I'm a growing girl :)
Snack #1- All natural Jerky (protein), carrots (carbs), nuts and seeds (fat)
Snack #2- All natural turkey lunch meat (protein), strawberries and blueberries (carbs), avocado (fat)
Lunch- Left overs from the night before... so I don't have to prepare it and I <3 left overs!!!!
Snack- Protein shake (the one I posted below)
Dinner- Something delicious from Everyday Paleo cook book or something like the meal YELLE posted below!

EVEN MORE SNACK IDEAS!!!

My fav!

I always keep a bunch of hard boiled eggs around


Sounds so childish but I totally do this with almond butter!
Apples and cashew butter. OMG... I DIE!

Hope this helps all my hungry little hunter/gather LOVES! I have a ton more ideas so hit me with your questions, comments and concerns. Tell me I'm CRAZY!!! Let's get the conversation going!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment