Sunday, October 2, 2011

3 weeks progress!!!

Well hello there :) It's been a little while since I've seen your lovely face! I'm back on track now though. Ready to blog my life away. Today I'm going to let you in on all the hairy details of my progress going crud free. The good, the great, the not-so-awesome, the "your hair looks great ...from the front... did you forget to check the back of your head this morning?" Yeah, THAT happened.

Notice the title of this blog ^^^ up there (where it says "progress"). I have not made my full transition yet!!! I have this very passionate personality that prohibits me from doing anything half ass, but it always comes back to bite me. Like, I probably shouldn't have done everything thing at once... It would have helped a lot to think this through, but then I wouldn't be me. I have one speed. GO!

I've had to pump the breaks a little bit in order to smooth my journey to crud free.  Now, let's talk hair!!!

HAIR

1st horrible idea I had: I should stop shampooing my hair right after I get it colored... Like the day after... when my hair is seriously damaged and dry from a bunch of chemicals. That sounds like a great time to start washing my hair with baking soda. I heard my hair say "WTF chelle!!! REALLY??"

 (sn: not going to be dying my hair anymore... it's not very cave girl).

After the first baking soda wash I was SOLD. My hair was awesome and had a ton of volume! So, with that, I hit my easy button and thought about conquering the world or something. I mean, seriously... what a bunch of hippie cry babies talking about their hard transition to no poo.

and then... BAM!

My hair freaked out. It was seriously scared and confused and apparently Aks (yea, aks) Gary doesn't DO hair emergencies. My scalp was oily and my ends were sooo dry. My hair felt like HAY! I stroked it lovingly while whispering sweet nothings to it and, in time it calmed down. I still had to wear it in a pony tail though which bothered me a lot. This week I broke down and washed it (I know... it's shameful). I had no choice! We had a burn at fire academy and my hair smelled like a campfire. I used this shampoo I found at the health food store and the ingredients list is essentially no poo. It contains saponified (soapy) shea butter and virgin coconut oil AND its fair trade. It was amazing. My hair looks normal and smells like lavender. I figure I will continue to wash my hair with BS and once a week with the sheapoo (you see what I did there) to ease the transition.

Favorite side effect: Natural, beachy waves! I might just be trying to convince myself that my not-curly-but-not-straight hair is pretty but i did get a "I like your hair that way" and I was all "YES! I did this really coool thing to it. It's called nothing and then I let it air dry.

What I bought....



FACE

2nd horrible idea I had: I should change my skin care regimen on my super sensitive and revolting skin right after I go off BC and my hormones are fixin' to make a war zone out of my face.

UGGHHH! Such a bad idea! If you've read the blog you know that I switched to the Oil Cleansing Method as recommended by cavegirleats. I LOVE IT BTW! I've had problem skin my whole life and nothing (I mean NOTHING) has ever helped it. After the first week of using the OCM, my face was pretty much clear and glowy and dewy and yumm. Again, SOLD! Until the next week (this past week), when my skin said (in an obnoxious tone) "JK JK! HAHAH you thought you were almost pretty for a moment". I had a horrible breakout! My first instinct was to cut my head off. Then, after some thought, I decided to keep being nice to my skin and eventually it would come around. Which it TOTALLY has. To help the healing, I put this homemade mask (recipe later... keep reading) on my face morning and night. My skin actually healed super fast. I'm thinking it was a combination of that, red leaf tea and coconut oil that saved the day.


RANDOM


Those were my big stories. As far as body care, coconut oil makes you feel like a baby and makes people want to touch you (which could be awesome or horrible depending on who we are talking about). I use it for everything. I shave with it. I use it as a lip gloss. I ADORE IT. I hold it close to my chest as I sleep. We're BFF's! F with my coconut oil, I'll F with your life... all I'm saying...


WARNING!


If your all weirded out because I don't use smell good stuff. DON'T BE! It's awesome! And ironically I get told I smell good a lot which means I have super sexy pheromones that were covered up by all those chemicals. So, if you decide to go crud-free don't blame me when you life turns into one of the Axe commercials in reverse. I carry a stick to beat em' off with. It's a hard life i live.

I kid... one guy likes the way i smell. and I don't beat him.


face mask recipe:
olive oil, turmeric, splash of lemon juice.
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and it makes your skin glow! I HEART IT. Leave it on for 10 mins.

PROGRESS
This is not a fair progess picture. I did my hair and I'm obviously wearing makeup. I was going out to dinner with that guy who thinks I smell good. I was NOT feeling particularly photogenic today. I'll keep you posted on a more legit progress photo in the near future.



So, that's all I got for you. My brains starting to hurt.

To come:

I started WAP me pretty (also recommended by cavegirleats... my cyber girl crush). I don't feel like explaining it to you. Look it up on her web page. I'll let you know how its goes in my next progress report.

Chelle xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Cyber girl crush? Likewise, lady! xoxo!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete