Thursday, November 3, 2011

Paleo Chocolate Brownies! YUM!

So E asked me to bake some desserts for her United Way Fundraiser at work this week.  I got SO excited because it just so happened that my brother Bobby and sister in law Anna gave me a custom made Paleo Dessert Cookbook for my birthday! Tonight, I decided for the United Way Fundraiser that I would bake Paleo Brownies from the cookbook. Here's what I did:




Brownie Batter:

4 cups almond  meal [flour]
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Agave Nectar [I used the LIGHT for this]

Chocolate Sauce:
1/3 cup light agave
3 tablespoons cocoa powder []

Preheat the oven to 350. Heat the nectar and mix it in the almond meal. Press into a brownie pan or cookie sheet. Bake 17-20 minutes. 

For the sauce, heat the nectar and mix in cocoa powder until it is well blended.  Drizzle over brownies.


** For my own twist, I sprinkled shredded coconut over them!

No comments:

Post a Comment